What does penile discharge mean?
Penile discharge is any unusual fluid that comes out of the penis that is not semen or urine. The discharge may be clear or yellowish green and may or may not have an odor. It depends on the cause of the discharge. Penile discharge is often a sign of an STD and should be looked at by a doctor.
What does it mean if I feel burning when I pee?
If it burns when you pee, you may have an infection, like a urinary tract infection or an STD. Other symptoms of infection are:
- Feeling like you have to pee constantly but, when you go, hardly anything comes out
- Seeing pink pee (from peeing blood)
- Having strong, distinct-smelling pee, especially in the morning
- Pain above the pubic bone
If you have any of these symptoms, see a doctor or go to a health clinic to get checked. If left untreated, urinary infections and STDs can cause much bigger health problems.
What is a circumcision?
All guys are born with foreskin. That's a fold of skin at the head of the penis. A circumcision is a procedure performed by a doctor or clergy person in which the foreskin is cut away from the penis. Many parents choose to have the foreskin removed from their baby's penis for a variety of reasons, including:
- Cultural traditions
- Religious beliefs
- Hygiene purposes
Circumcision is not usually medically necessary.
What is the difference between a circumcised and an uncircumcised penis?
The only difference between a circumcised penis and an uncircumcised penis is that the uncircumcised penis still has foreskin. The circumcised penis does not. Other than that, there is no difference. Both penises work and feel the same.
What are some problems with foreskin?
Many uncircumcised guys don't have any problems with foreskin. However, some problems associated with foreskin in uncircumcised guys include:
Inflammation or infection of the penis head
- The foreskin can't be pulled back behind the head of the penis because it is too tight
- The foreskin, after being pulled back, becomes trapped behind the head of the penis; this is a medical emergency because it can cause permanent damage to the penis. You should see your doctor immediately.
- A rare condition where scar tissue forms at the tip of the penis, tightening the foreskin around the penis head; this makes it difficult for the foreskin to be pulled back.
If you have any of these problems, see your doctor.